Why You Should Invest in a Wedding Photographer
A general rule of thumb is to allocate around 15%–20% of your wedding budget to photography, as in the end, the images are all that remain. Make sure the experienced person you hire to create your images embodies the three essential skills of a top wedding photographer:
- creativity and an artistic eye
- technical mastery under pressure
- warmth and humour that helps people feel comfortable in front of the lens
The Full-Service Wedding Package: $3200
On the wedding day (photography and video):
- A full day of photography with professional photographer Myke Healy (10–12 hours: no need to watch the clock)
- Video clips shot throughout the day (no need to hire an additional videographer)
- Coverage of the bride prior to the ceremony (with parents, bridesmaids, latter stage of getting ready, etc)
- Time permitting, coverage of the groom and groomsmen prior to the ceremony
- Photos of the arrival at the ceremony location (church, hall, house, dock, etc.)
- Full coverage of the wedding service (with or without studio flash, at the discretion of officiant)
- Professional video and audio recording of the ceremony
- Candid shots following the ceremony
- Formal portraits of the wedding party
- Full reception coverage including toasts, meal, speeches, cake cutting, first dance, and reception candids
- Professional video recording of the wedding speeches
- Full photo booth at reception: this includes a full lighting setup and backdrop. All guests can have individual and family portraits taken and then order prints themselves online.
Wedding albums your way: As part of the commission, the photographer will create an online version of a magazine-style wedding album. You may view and make changes to the design until you are happy with the result. You may, then, custom order the book and receive it within weeks. The style of printing and binding may be matched to any budget.
A note about additional prints:
While the photographer asserts his copyright to the images, YOU as the client have full rights to print and post online whatever photos you like, as many times as you like, in perpetuity.